Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Twiducate Web 2.0 Tool

The Web 2.0 Tool that I chose to use in my professional environment is twiducate a social networking site for schools.  As a classroom teacher it was refreshing to find a social networking site for schools. This Web 2.0 tool is not blocked by the state's network filter system, which blocks everything that might possibly used for social networking.
I found it very user friendly and had no trouble setting up one of my classes. The best part, it took about five minutes to set up. I was able to add upcoming important dates as well as bookmarking links to the online textbook. I also added links for fun youtube videos which reinforce math concepts. This Web 2.0 tool will allow my students to check assignments and post comments to the class. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana,
    I am very interested in Twiducate because my school district blocks most of my online resources including Full Sail University. We have a Web 2.0 online resource through the school district but I hope to give students, parents and colleagues more networking capabilities for lessons and social interaction because time in the building is not always used effectively. I like the idea as a music teacher of developing and controlling private networks. For me that would mean developing networks by grade and by project assignments....Thanks Stuart

    ReplyDelete