Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wk4 Comment #2 to David Cheng


 

The strongest warmth is usually the one that we can't touch; someone has to protect us from our own curiosity, right?
-- David Cheng

I really liked "Creating Frameworks for Possibility" mainly because, without a new framework, everything else would really stay the same. Have you ever lost something, like keys, and when you start looking you just concentrate in certain areas? Then you repeat the same areas you just finished looking, just wishing that the item would mysteriously appear? When we want a real solution to something, trying the same things will not work. Finding a new angle unrelated to past tactics usually gives better results, or at least doing something different will change our perspective enough to have a higher chance of success. In my first year in college, I lived in a rural area maybe 4 miles from the university, but where I lived was a remote rural area at the top of a small mountain ridge. Going up the mountain on foot was exhausting and dangerous, with no streetlights or sidewalks. I didn't have a car, and my last class ended at 7:30pm. I had to depend on hitchhiking to get home (taxis had the area off bounds), and sometimes I had to wait for many hours to get a ride. But not ever had I a doubt that I would find a ride. My area of possibility was that no matter what, I would always find a safe ride, and I did for a whole year. I was sure that on the day I would doubt it, I would have to walk on foot on those dark roads, which over hung cliffs of thousands of feet. Even though this is an example of an internal possibility, I'm sure any of you could apply this to outside sources also. I'm ready for the new changes that will come after graduation... are you?

Creative Commons image by

bluekdesign's photostream

 
David,
I’m ready for new changes! Your story is a classic example of the power of positive thinking.  When you let that one negative or doubt in, it seems to snowball and you are completely overtaken. I’m making a commitment to myself to stay away from the negatives and surround myself with the endless possibilities of the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment